Scientist position available in the group of the Experimental Therapeutic Program
The Biology group of the Experimental Therapeutic Program at IFOM is looking for a scientist with expertise in laboratory automation systems.
IFOM, Milan – Ripamonti area
The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be
- to develop, optimize and implement automated biochemical and cellular screening assays,
- to conduct state-of-the-art high throughput screening experiments on highly customized automation solutions (e.g. from Tecan and Hamilton),
- to troubleshoot and optimize current setups with focus on quality, reliability and throughput,
- > to actively contribute to new automation strategies to enhance our drug discovery platforms and explore solutions improving our processes, and
- in collaboration with bioinformatics, analyze and review experiment data and integrate results in data management system.
- PhD or equivalent degree in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Biophysics, Computer Science, Molecular Biology or other related fields.
- University degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related field combined with 3+ years of relevant industrial or academic experience.
- Expertise in development and optimization of both biochemical and cellular assays.
- Familiarity with standard molecular biology and cell culture techniques.
- Work experience with automated liquid handling systems (in particular Tecan and Hamilton) in a research environment.
- Experience in the development, implementation, optimization and validation of automation protocols.
We are looking for an independent self-starter, creative/innovative scientist with focus on precision and reliability. Candidate must have strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills. The ability to work in a team environment, with clear deadlines and in a fast paced is a must.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering email, mentioning the position that you are applying for to mario.varasi[@]ifom.eu